Some regret? You’re not alone.
According to a Pew Research Center Study done this past August, nearly 20 percent of inked Americans “have some regret after getting their tattoo.” That’s almost 10 million people weighing their options: to remove or not to remove?
1. Seek a professional opinion
Remember, Dr. Google can only tell you so much. Don’t wrestle with your thoughts too long before seeking some professional help. While a little online research can go a long way, look for professionals who are actively involved in the field. Since tattoo removal relies heavily on technology, it is crucial for professionals to stay up-to-date and have the most current information at their fingertips. A center like Tat Erase specializes in tattoo removal, and is proactive in pursuing and developing the latest cutting-edge approach to comfortable and enhanced tattoo removal.
2. Determine if you’re a good candidate
- Tattoo type and coloring: Our laser works by targeting a specific color of ink with a corresponding wavelength to break up the tattoo’s pigment in your skin. Typically, darker colors such as black, dark green, and dark brown, are easiest to remove, but this depends on the amount of ink your artist used. Professional tattoo artists concentrate more ink deeper in the skin, whereas amatuer artists use less ink and work at a more superficial level. Another factor is your tattoo’s age; worn ink is far more susceptible to the laser than fresh ink.
- Health/habits: It may seem like the laser wants to take all the credit, but your body does most of the removal work. Immediately after treatment your immune system steps in to dispose of the broken pigment in your skin. At Tat Erase, we ensure you have an optimized and super charged immune system to help accelerate and ensure best possible outcomes. Beneficial habits include: exercising, not smoking, and getting adequate micronutrients in your diet.
3. Weigh the risks and benefits
If “ragrets” got you down, there’s a chance the clarity of hindsight has you realizing the risks now outweigh the benefits of when the ink was first applied. Your specialists at Tat Erase don’t want for that to happen a second time. We are here to help you weigh out the risk and the benefits and provide a “no BS,” brutally honest opinion on whether or not we can help you achieve your goals. You should have a good idea of how effective the treatment will be after your consult with one of our licensed specialists. If you are not a good candidate, you will NOT be given the green laser-light to go ahead. Therefore, if you are deemed eligible, you are likely to have a positive experience. This means freeing up your skin from unwanted ink, and freeing your mind from regret – both benefits, if you ask us.
At Tat Erase, consultations are complimentary and comfort is key. We want your decision to start your next adventure to be something you’ll never “ragret.”